- 4 – 5oz pieces Atlantic Salmon Fillets (boneless/ skinless)
- Pinch of salt
- Pinch of cracked black pepper
- 4 tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- 2 cups wilted spinach (squeezed to remove water)
- 4oz chopped fresh leeks, rinsed thoroughly
- 3 tbsp. unsalted butter
- 2 gloves od garlic, minced fine
- 6oz chopped fresh shiitake mushrooms
- 6oz sliced yellow zucchini rounds (approx. 1/2 cm thick)
- 6oz dry white wine
- 4 small springs of fresh thyme
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 4 pieces of parchment paper cut into 10-inch heart shapes
1 -Season the salmon fillets on both sides with the sea salt and cracked black pepper.
2 – Sear the seasoned salmon in a pre-heated sautéed pan with the extra virgin olive oil- approximately 2 minutes per side.
3 – Remove the seared salmon from the pan and cool completely.
4 – Melt the 3 tbsp. of unsalted butted in the same sauté pan, where the salmon was seared.
5 – Sauté the chopped leeks with the minced garlic over medium heat for 4-5 minutes or until the leeks are tender. Remove from heat and cool.
6 – Place a half cup of the wilted spinach off center on one of the cut parchment paper hearts. Top the wilted spinach with 1 oz of the cooked leeks.
7 – Place one piece of the seared salmon filets onto the leeks. Layer 1 ½ oz of the fresh shiitake mushrooms and 1 ½ oz of the zucchini rounds on top of the seated salmon on the parchment paper.
8 – Place 1 slice of the fresh lemon rounds onto the mushrooms and zucchini. Splash 1 ½ oz of wine over the salmon and place 1 small sprig of thyme on top; season with salt and pepper to taste.
9 – Fold the paper over the vegetables and salmon and pinch the edges of paper to completely seal.
10 – Repeat this process with the other three pieces of paper.
11 – Place the folded papillotes onto a small baking tray and bake inside a preheated 400F for 8-10 minutes. Remove from heat and serve.